One of Australia's most haunted sites, the second largest cemetery in Queensland hides many terrible tales.
The iron fence and entrance gates of South Brisbane Cemetery – more commonly known as Dutton Park Cemetery – is passed by thousands of drivers every day, though few know who lies there. This is one of the earliest burial grounds in the state – the first recorded burial was 140 years ago.
Covering forty-six acres, the cemetery stretches down a steep hill to the Cemetery Reach of the Brisbane River. Hidden among old trees are thousands of gravestones and memorials. Hundreds more are missing – the result of flood, vandalism and time. Though almost 100,000 souls lie at rest here... forty-two do not.
Find out why...
- Historic ghost tour with Ghost Tour Guide through this haunted site
- Free Torch Hire
- Restricted tour size (max. 25 persons)
- Site access by permission of Brisbane City Council
- Donation to Ghost Tours’ Haunted Heritage Fund
Meeting place: Entrance gates, Dutton Park Cemetery, Brisbane (full details upon booking).
Tour rusn first and third Friday each month at 7:30pm, and every Saturday at 7.30pm.
Saturday, 6 February, 2021
Saturday, 13 February, 2021
Saturday, 20 February, 2021
Saturday, 27 February, 2021
Saturday, 6 March, 2021
Saturday, 13 March, 2021
Saturday, 20 March, 2021
Saturday, 27 March, 2021
Ghost Tours are not suitable for children aged under 12 years. Children aged 12 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent, teacher or guardian.
It is recommended that clients with the following medical conditions do not undertake a tour:
- Strained/injured muscles
- Recent surgery
- High blood pressure
- Previous heart attacks
- Weak bladders/bowels
- Difficulties with standing/walking distances
- Difficulties ascending and descending stairs
Tours run in all weather.
What to bring/wear
Flat souled, enclosed shoes.
Refunds/transfers are granted solely at the discretion of the Ghost Tours’ Tour Manager. If a tour booking is cancelled by a client, or if any member of the tour group cancels, the following policies apply:
- The Tour Manager, must be advised of any change in group numbers in writing, by the person who booked the tour.
- Cancellation 0-5 working days of tour date – No refund/full tour price charged.
- Cancellation 5–10 working days of tour date – 50% refund/tour price charged (excluding credit card charges).
Note: Failure to attend the actual tour for any reason is deemed to be a cancellation. Refunds will not apply.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!