One of Australia's most haunted sites, the second largest cemetery in Queensland hides many terrible tales.
The iron fence and entrance gates of South Brisbane Cemetery – more commonly known as Dutton Park Cemetery – is passed by thousands of drivers every day, though few know who lies there. This is one of the earliest burial grounds in the state.
Covering forty-six acres, the cemetery stretches down a steep hill to the Cemetery Reach of the Brisbane River. Hidden among old trees are thousands of gravestones and memorials. Hundreds more are missing – the result of flood, vandalism and time. Though almost 100,000 souls lie at rest here... forty-two do not.
Find out why...
- 2 hour historic ghost tour with experienced tour guide through this haunted site
- Restricted tour size
- Donation to Ghost Tours’ Heritage Fund
Entrance gates, South Brisbane Cemetery, Annerley Road, Dutton Park.
Tours run every Saturday night from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
Saturday, 24 April, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 1 May, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 8 May, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 15 May, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 22 May, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 29 May, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 5 June, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 12 June, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 19 June, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, 26 June, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Ghost Tours are not suitable for children under 10 years (unless otherwise stated). Children under 10 will not be permitted on any tour (unless otherwise stated). Parents and guardians are advised that this tour features strong content in the form of true historic ghost stories and tales delivered in a dramatic style. The stories may include gruesome and macabre material including murders, crimes, violence, deaths, executions and suicide. The stories can be frightening, scary and distressing especially for young children.
All children under and including the age of 15 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Historic Australia strongly recommends that clients with the following medical conditions do not undertake a tour:
- Advanced Pregnancy
- Strained / injured muscles
- Recent surgery
- High blood pressure
- Previous heart attacks
- Weak bladders/bowels
- Difficulties with standing/walking distances
- Difficulties ascending and descending hills and stairs
Tours will still run in the rain. The weather really adds to the atmosphere of a tour. If the weather looks bad, bring some wet weather gear, and enjoy the tour.
Tours will only be cancelled if conditions become dangerous. Our Bookings Coordinator will contact you to notify you of cancellation and rescheduling your tour.
What to bring/wear
- All guests must be wearing flat, enclosed shoes
- Each guest must bring a torch each (torch apps on smart phones are suitable)
Please contact us about disability access as the tour does include some stairs, uneven surfaces and/or outside pathways. By contacting us we may be able to cater for your needs.
Historic Australia reserves the right to cancel a tour without notice.
Historic Australia tours are rarely cancelled and would only be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. These include, but are not limited to - sick staff member, staff unavailability, injury or unexpected dangerous weather conditions, an emergency/dangerous situation.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 is no longer an unforeseen circumstance and regular cancellation fees apply.
Please refer to our cancellation policies outlined below.
If a tour booking is cancelled by a client, or if any member of the tour group cancels, the following policies apply:
- Historic Australia must be advised of any change in group numbers in writing by the person who booked the tour.
- Cancellation 0 - 5 business days prior to tour date – No refund granted. No transfer granted.
- Cancellation 5 – 10 business days prior to tour date – Transfers to an alternative date of the same tour is available. Transfers can only be used once. Once a booking has been transferred, the booking will not be able to be transferred again, and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellation 11 or more business days prior to tour date – 50% refund granted (excluding credit card charges).
Failure to attend the actual tour for any reason is deemed to be a cancellation. Refunds will not apply.
All cancellations and transfer requests for bookings must adhere to our business hours and be notified by written communication via email to email@example.com
If a tour is cancelled by Historic Australia, the following policies apply:
- Cancellation prior to the tours commencement /before 2/3 of the tour is complete due to unforeseen circumstances* (see above) - tour will be rescheduled & clients will be transferred to another tour of the same value as soon as possible.
- Historic Australia will contact clients promptly to make arrangements.
This is a historical ghost tour.
- Horror costumes are not permitted to be worn. Historic Australia reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone wearing a horror costume that is deemed inappropriate or distasteful. No refund. No transfer.
- Paranormal investigation / ghost hunting is strictly not permitted on tours. This includes but is not limited to: apps on mobile devices, Ouija boards, pendulums, video and still photography, psychic, medium and clairvoyant channelling of spirits. Historic Australia reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone undertaking paranormal investigations or ghost hunting. No refund. No transfer.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!