The Railway Museum Ghost Hunt is by far, the creepiest Port Adelaide Ghost Tour you will find, but one with a difference… You get to be the Ghost Hunter!
The Railway Museum Ghost Hunt is held in the original working part of the Port Dock Railway Station as it was known back in its early days. Where the museum now stands, was once the good sheds. Accidents were inevitable and why we run this event at the museum.
Join us on the spookiest tour through our locomotive history and see if ghostly energies of the past still remain within the carriages and walls of this incredible museum.
The Station itself stood where the police headquarters is now located. The Port Dock was opened in 1856 and operated until 1981. It was the original line in South Australia.
The museum, originally at Mile End, was relocated to Port Adelaide and opened in 2001. It now holds an impressive collection of locomotives, carriages and the 19th Century original 1856 Goods Shed.
Is the Railway Museum Haunted?
Why would a train museum be haunted and why would we want to go there to look for ghosts?
Well how about these five reasons for starters:
- Dark shadowy figures moving around and often seen following the tours.
- At least twenty-one deaths were found to have occurred in this area.
- Houses the steam locomotive involved in Australia’s first terrorism act on Australian soil.
- The man that is heard to whistle on a regular basis.
- Objects moving and phones that ring when not plugged in.
3-hour Ghost Hunt
This Railway Museum Ghost Hunt is a dedicated paranormal investigation – no stories, no history, just pure ghost hunting with our professional and highly experienced investigators while armed with state-of-the-art equipment. It is your opportunity to seek out a paranormal experience of your own.
This is perfect for those who have done our conducted tours and do not wish to hear the stories again.
4-hour Ghost Tour and Ghost Hunt
We offer a bonus hour on this particular event as it is a combined Ghost Tour and Ghost Hunt. After a 2hr conducted walking tour, learning about the history and ghosts, we want you to have enough time to get a taste of what it is like to be a ghost hunter yourself. This gives us the time needed to whisk you off with the equipment to explore those dark recesses of the National Railway Museum.
This is perfect for those who want to know more about the Museum and her hauntings but want a taste of paranormal investigating with ghost hunting equipment.
Join us on a paranormal investigation, in one of the most paranormally active locations in Port Adelaide
The night includes:
- Tour around the museum, learning about its ghostly tales and deaths, including the 16-year-old boy who had a terrible accident.
- Watch exclusive video evidence caught, before learning about the equipment.
- Break into teams and, with equipment, explore the darkest recesses of this museum in the search of paranormal activity.
- Use state-of-the-art equipment to investigate the paranormal activity often experienced. (equipment supplied).
- 3-hour ghost hunt
- Also available as 4-hour ghost tour and ghost hunt
National Railway Museum, 76 Lipson St, Port Adelaide.
Tour runs on selected dates.
There are currently no dates listed for this experience. Please make an enquiry by pressing the Send email button above.
What to bring/wear
Sensible clothing/Shoes, drink, small torch.
Sitting, walking and standing with occasional steep steps into carriages.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!