The tourist brochures will tell you Bundanoon is the northern gateway to Morton National Park, and its spectacular gullies and waterfalls. And they’d be correct, but when the mist rolls in, it’s easy to imagine ghouls and goblins of all sorts roaming the streets of this quaint village. Are these apparitions the ghosts of pioneers past or just figments of the imagination? This unique overnight experience is so much more than just another ghost tour. Come alone, bring friend or organise a group. If you dare!
- Relive the colonial and paranormal past of this magical village with a unique sunset walking tour [Gentle strolling only, suitable for basic level of fitness]. From tales of tragic train derailments to shining the light on hidden moss encrusted tombstones, this is the history you won’t find in the guide books.
- Enjoy a scrumptious three-course fireside dinner in a private dining room.
- By torchlight, snoop around the Bundanoon Hotel and its rambling English gardens, home to several ghosts including ‘Mary’.* According to local legend, after finding her son had taken his life Mary died after setting fire to her room. She makes regular ‘appearances’ to both guests and staff. Really! Heck, the publican has even named a beer after her.
- Bunk down in ensuite accommodation at the Bundanoon Hotel – a grand mock Tudor style landmark dating from the 1930s when Bundanoon’s guesthouses were internationally famous for their hospitality (and ghosts!).
Note: This is a ghost tour not a ghost investigation. However, Mary’s room will be reserved for the evening, allowing any dedicated ghost hunters to monitor (BYO equipment) and/or conduct investigations and vigils.
Numbers restricted to just 13 to ensure social distancing and to optimise your experience.
- Walking ghost tour
- Three-course dinner
- Ensuite accommodation
There are 3 room types. When sending through your booking request please indicate which type of room you’d like to bunk down in (warning: some may even be haunted).
- Single ensuite – one person in an ensuite room
- Twin ensuite – two people in an ensuite room with 2 single (or a double and a single) beds
- Queen ensuite – two people in an ensuite room with a queen bed
Note: Rooms (best described as country pub standard) vary in size, decor, furnishings and hauntings, and will be randomly allocated based on availability.
The tour starts and finishes at Bundanoon Hotel (about mid-way between Sydney and Canberra), so you will need to self-drive, bus or train (the station is 50 metres away) to the hotel for check-in no later than 3pm. Leave at your leisure on the Monday morning.
This tour is offered on average twice month on Sundays (to ensure a quiet atmosphere conducive to hauntings) between April and September.
Ages 18 plus only.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!