The Geo-Phone, when placed against a hard surface, will translate those vibrations into an electric signal which can be heard and/or recorded and analyzed. Listen directly with the supplied earbuds. Or connect 3.5 mm stereo output jack to your voice recorder to log the information for later review (separate cable required). Or better yet, connect to your PC (mic input) and view frequency and spectrum data with freely available software such as Audacity.
Definitely sensitive enough to eavesdrop through walls as it picks up voices with amazing clarity, and maybe to hear the tumblers drop in a high-quality combination lock. Could even be used in rescue operations. Volume is adjustable. Rechargeable. Runs for about 12 hours per charge, recharges in about 3 hours. Operating Temperature: -20°to 50°C.
In paranormal research, it could be a revolution in collecting EVP. Hold the Geo-Phone to stair steps, or flooring to listen for unseen feet. Listen at windows of abandoned buildings. Check gravestones, church walls, wooden beams, even rock formations for vibrations from the "other side".
Available in two formats:
Basic Geo-Phone (Cat. #P496) which includes everything you need to get started:
- Geo-Phone Sensor
- AC charger (110-220V, 50/60Hz)
- USB cable for charging from your computer
- Stereo earbuds
Advanced Geo-Phone (Cat. #P497): Greatly enhanced sensitivity and includes:
- ALL the items in the Basic set, plus:
- Audio amplifier (requires 9V battery) to increase sensitivity by a factor of 100
- Comfortable stereo headset with 2 padded earpieces
- Headset adapter
- 6-foot 3.5 mm male-male connector cable (great for connecting to amplifier, voice recorder, or PC)
- Y-adapter (allows 2 outputs)
- 12-foot 3.5mm male-female extension cable, perfect for remote monitoring.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!